Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spanish Omelette


This is easy and so good! 

Pre-heat your oven to 400F. Chop one large bell pepper, a medium onion, and a large handful of flat-leaf parsley. Get that mandolin out (text or message me on FB and I'll tell you where I got a great deal!) and slice about 1 lb of red potatoes. Also, chop and mince three cloves of garlic.



Heat about 2 Tbsp. of good olive oil and 1 Tbsp of unsalted butter in an oven-proof skillet. Then add your potatoes and spread them evenly over the bottom of the skillet. Saute them about 10 minutes, flipping then over about half-way, before adding your onion, bell pepper, and garlic.

While all of that is going down, break about 10 large eggs into a bowl, whisk with salt, pepper, and the parsley you chopped earlier. After the onions start to look translucent, pour the egg mixture over the veggies and let it cook a few minutes (about 4) and then place the skillet in the oven until the eggs have set completely (about 6 minutes). It's ready to eat.

Now I don't have an oven-proof skillet, so I cheated here. I let the eggs cook a little on the stove and then I poured the whole thing into a small glass baking dish and put it in the oven for about 12 minutes. I was then able to cut the omelette into nice slices for serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment