Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Caprese Salad

I am in love with Caprese Salad. I have eaten it once a week for the last three weeks. It's so simple, but so delicious.




I slice a medium to large tomato, a small ball of mozzarella, and add fresh basil from a handful  that I pick up at the Farmer's Market downtown. Then I drizzle some good olive oil and some strawberry balsamic vinegar over the top. Yum!




I highly recommend a trip to the Farmer's Market in downtown Lexington. The vegetables and fruit are usually cheaper, organic, and you get the produce directly from the farmer who grew it. I have even bought coffee from a local shop right there at the Market.You have to experience it just once. Bring your reusable grocery bags and several small bills ($1 and $5). Few vendors take Visa or Mastercard, so definitely go to the ATM first.

No comments:

Post a Comment